Pages

Friday, December 05, 2008

What's on ur mind ?

The whole time he thought of nothing but getting to the next post. And finally, soaked in blood and sweat when he did reach there what did he find ? A Map.
A Map to the next post.
Is there ever a final post in life ?
And like any mission game, it just gets harder and harder. The choices become less obvious. The sacrifices more profound.
Is December 2008 easier than September, October and November? It should have been! I got what I wanted, did I not? Or did I?
Well, let's just say I want to make a list of the things that were on my mind before I got accepted
  • Will ISB admit me?
And then contrast it with the things that are on my mind after I got admitted
  • Should I accept the offer?
  • What advance preparations can I do to make sure I do well @ ISB?
  • What would I have to do to become President of the GSB?
  • Should I become President of the GSB?
  • What will my study group be like?
  • How tough is the competition going to be?
  • Will Ruchi and Sipul be able to adjust to life on campus with me?
  • Will the apartments be good?
  • Will the apartment have a toaster?
  • .... and on... and on.... and on
Fakiri they say is the simplest approach to life. And what does a Fakir do? He lives the simplest of existences, lives a life blended with nature , has a clear conscience and spends most of his time taking the name of Allah or Ram. I have started to believe that is the only approach to life that has shades of conclusivity (doh??!!) about it; other approaches are just vicious never-ending cycles.
But what to do! Now I am an MBA student and a married man with a daughter... just can't risk becoming a Fakir now.

No comments: