Pages

Monday, December 01, 2008

ISB ahoy !!

It has been a key element of my life that I always feel someone is around all the time. Just when I think I'm sinking I have a lifeline thrown at me from nowhere. Will probably ramble more on this in a more personal blog but for this one, suffice it to know that ISB has indeed offered me an offer of admission for its class of 2010. For the uninitiated, the class of X means you will pass out (hopefully) in year X.
So I am going to Hyderabad in April 2009 to get myself an MBA.
But guess what, the weeks approaching the decision and the ones immediately after that was the time when I really, really, thought whether I needed an MBA at this point in my career :0)
Reason being, when the deadline for decision was approaching, the true cost of the ISB MBA dawned upon me in its full glory. 20 lakhs is not a small amount !!
But then, sometimes we don't really understand the choices we make and we do need an Oracle to help us. So I had already made the choice before I began asking myself why I made that choice. And probably (I think) it is these decisions that are often the best, and life changing ones.
All said and done, it is time now to figure out the financial equations and transition mentally from a work life to a campus life.

No comments: